PDA

View Full Version : Tower Defense: Tank Avoided

Smyley
06-28-2016, 07:35 AM
I experience quite often that fast monsters like wolves or crabs are just passing around my tanks even though there are no other monster fighting it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Santosh
06-28-2016, 08:09 AM
I have experienced it, those cheetahs avoid tanks

Letsousheth
06-28-2016, 06:12 PM
I have had it happen as well, but not just with fast monsters. Sometimes I can't get the shield on some of the Legend War Rally monsters to drop against a tank. The only thing that I have found to fix it is the reset the location of your tank, but it is very annoying to deal with.

LtdEdFred
06-29-2016, 07:36 AM
I've been wondering if if this is a bug or by design too. I've settled on the idea that the tank is overwhelmed and can't "stop" everyone coming at him and some get to pass.

Smyley
06-29-2016, 08:05 AM
I have experienced it, those cheetahs avoid tanks

Good to know that it happens to more people... very annoying issue.

I have had it happen as well, but not just with fast monsters. Sometimes I can't get the shield on some of the Legend War Rally monsters to drop against a tank. The only thing that I have found to fix it is the reset the location of your tank, but it is very annoying to deal with.

You are right, now that I think about it, even monster with shield or some like that don't seem to walk by unoccupied tank.

I've been wondering if if this is a bug or by design too. I've settled on the idea that the tank is overwhelmed and can't "stop" everyone coming at him and some get to pass.

It's really good question, but what would be the point of tanks, if not to stop monsters from progressing fast. I understand that flying monsters pass by and once tanks are occupied, other monsters get by... but not why if tank (or his minions) are not doing anything and just watch monsters pass by (are they pals?).

Repinski
06-30-2016, 02:37 AM
The ability for a monster to bypass your tank line is there for every and all monsters. This is just more noticeable with the fast monsters because they move quicker.

If your tank line does not do damage to the enemy then they will not stop to fight because they have not been engaged in combat. Sometimes quick enemies can run past your tanks because they didn't move to intercept that enemy in time. You'll notice they start walking to them but simply don't get to them in time to stop them. For this reason I usually stack two tanks on top of one another and make it a 6 man wall instead of three and very rarely are random monster able to get through. I have even beat legend stages of war guardian by only using 4 tanks all stacked in the same spot.

Obviously if the monsters are buffed like in the Pirate Stage this doesn't apply. Sometimes monsters can't be stopped unless you kill them.

Smyley
06-30-2016, 08:40 AM
The ability for a monster to bypass your tank line is there for every and all monsters. This is just more noticeable with the fast monsters because they move quicker.

If your tank line does not do damage to the enemy then they will not stop to fight because they have not been engaged in combat. Sometimes quick enemies can run past your tanks because they didn't move to intercept that enemy in time. You'll notice they start walking to them but simply don't get to them in time to stop them. For this reason I usually stack two tanks on top of one another and make it a 6 man wall instead of three and very rarely are random monster able to get through. I have even beat legend stages of war guardian by only using 4 tanks all stacked in the same spot.

Obviously if the monsters are buffed like in the Pirate Stage this doesn't apply. Sometimes monsters can't be stopped unless you kill them.

So, it's actually being hit and engaged in combat, thanks for clarification.

XxXinfXxX
06-30-2016, 03:28 PM
I think that each tank can fight only one monster at once so when u got 6 wolves running fast enough that ur tank cant kill em one by one the others just run through...

Repinski
07-01-2016, 12:24 AM
I think that each tank can fight only one monster at once so when u got 6 wolves running fast enough that ur tank cant kill em one by one the others just run through...

That's why AoE tanks are so good in War Guardian. Tanks like Kaiser, Sparticus, and Pulan do better than tanks like Uther, and Chavez because they have good AoE attacks to trigger more enemies to fight them. Keep in mind the soldiers that accompany them only target one monster at a time still though.

QueenKnight
07-11-2016, 07:09 PM
yes I pass U by speed! I best U click ur tank hero to move mark those wolf at range their will stop at the mark point if them pass at the mark point

Skunk_jumper
09-15-2016, 05:59 AM
Engaging doesn't always work. I will have one wolf and nothing else, it gets hit, Heath goes down and it keeps on running through the tank attacking it.. it's a total glitch.