PDA

View Full Version : Pacifier 'Aegis of Peace' vs Stark's 'Time freeze(?)'

ro4sho
04-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Pacifier's ultimate is called 'Aegis of peace' and the spell text is as follows:

Pacifier summons Aegis of Peace that absorbs damage for all his allies and and instantly dispels negative effects on them

However when stark casts his ultimate, players inside his ult (even though they have the Aegis of Peace effect) are still frozen.

I don't think this works like intended ?
If it is, the spell text of Pacifier should be altered as not every negative effect is dispelled.

GM-Nami
04-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Hi ro4sho, 'Aegis of peace' of Pacifier can absorb the damage or controlling skills with damage, but it can not absorb only controlling skill, the skill of Stark only can freeze hero with no damage, so 'Aegis of peace' can not absorb it, hope you can understand.
Enjoy your game~

JokerHAHA
04-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Stop-stop-stop.....
Pacifier has 2 spells:
1 - he summons Aegis of Peace and it covers all team with white shield. It absorbes damage and dispels negative effects. Stark's ult is not a negative effect.
2 - he summons purple shield on himself and it protecs him from being disabled - no matter it is fawnie's control spell, steelknight's stun or EVEN stark's ult (tested 5 min ago and this shield don't freeze the pacifier effected by dome).
Everything works properly.

ro4sho
04-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Stop-stop-stop.....
Pacifier has 2 spells:
1 - he summons Aegis of Peace and it covers all team with white shield. It absorbes damage and dispels negative effects. Stark's ult is not a negative effect.
2 - he summons purple shield on himself and it protecs him from being disabled - no matter it is fawnie's control spell, steelknight's stun or EVEN stark's ult (tested 5 min ago and this shield don't freeze the pacifier effected by dome).
Everything works properly.

How is being disables not a negative effect?

So Aegis of Peace works only on damaging skills?

This is not something I can deduce from the spell text...

JokerHAHA
04-17-2015, 10:50 AM
How is being disables not a negative effect?

So Aegis of Peace works only on damaging skills?

This is not something I can deduce from the spell text...

the only negative effects in the game I see is the long stuns (that is almost can't be seen cause stuns work about 1 sec and pasifier should use shield after team is stunned) and mamba's poison.

ro4sho
04-17-2015, 10:58 AM
We also have armor and attack damage reduction?
We also have the magic resistance reduction?

What is considered a negative effect? Could a Dev elaborate on this?

ro4sho
04-17-2015, 10:59 AM
the only negative effects in the game I see is the long stuns (that is almost can't be seen cause stuns work about 1 sec and pasifier should use shield after team is stunned) and mamba's poison.

The shield also works if used before the stun.

JokerHAHA
04-17-2015, 11:33 AM
You should distinguish this effects - that is influense the whole battle time as a passive hero's spell and timed negative effects, from the spell used in battle.
Passively effected can't be protected by anything, timed can be protected.

The shield also works if used before the stun.

When pacifier casts his spell that time he disables negative effects (1 millisecond). Than it just absorbes phisical and magical damages without protecting from negative effects.

ro4sho
04-17-2015, 12:26 PM
You should distinguish this effects - that is influense the whole battle time as a passive hero's spell and timed negative effects, from the spell used in battle.
Passively effected can't be protected by anything, timed can be protected.

The spell text doesn't distinguish between passive or active negative effects.

When pacifier casts his spell that time he disables negative effects (1 millisecond). Than it just absorbes phisical and magical damages without protecting from negative effects.

No Joker this is simply not true. I'm a rank 4 Arena on lvl 69. And I know how pacifier works. He continuous to negate negative spell effects as long as Aegis endures (as the spell text also indicates).

JokerHAHA
04-17-2015, 01:32 PM
No Joker this is simply not true. I'm a rank 4 Arena on lvl 69. And I know how pacifier works. He continuous to negate negative spell effects as long as Aegis endures (as the spell text also indicates).

Maybe, It's just a logic.

Charles Hong
04-18-2015, 03:00 PM
I got you an sample

Green mamba cast his ulti (all enemy heroes will be poisoned)
then when Pacifier cast his ulti Aegis of Peace then all the allied with green mambas poinson will be removed

got it? :)

but When Pacifier cast his ulti first before Green mamba's ulti
the poison will not be removed